Monday 17 November 2008

Message sent to all members upon joining Toughness.... Hi... Thank's for joining... and welcome to the group. My name is Paul Lajos, I am 23 and I love to keep physically & mentally fit! That in itself is not unusual, many people keep fit, but as my life progressed I developed the idea that along with fitness should stand physical & mental toughness - and perhaps that concept is a little unusual these days. My Physical Fitness Hobbies Exercise, Aerobics, Running, Swimming, Football, Rugby, Weight Training, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Yoga, Tai-quan-do, Body Development. My Toughness & Mental Fitness Hobbies Keeping my Sleeves rolled up & always wearing Shorts even in winter, Daily Cold Baths & Ice Swimming, Putting up with Pain & Discomfort, Physical Endurance & Mental Stoicism, Sexual Tantra & Orgasm Control, Meditation, Anything involving Personal Development & Character Building. Why do I do these seemingly unusual things? Well, if you want to know, you'll have to read on. ======================= I enjoy anything which keeps me fit - pushes my boundaries and tests my resolve or willpower, usually involving cold, discomfort or occasionally moderate pain. I also enjoy most sports & outdoor activities. However I like my comforts too: - A warm sofa with girlfriend (or boyfriend) & good film - A romantic meal - Beautiful countryside - Firm reliable friends. I play the guitar & sing a little, and I love writing! I keep fit with a rigorous program of Body Development, & Character Building. I admire some aspects of the Ancient Spartan youth training system (ability to withstand cold, discomfort & even pain) and use some methods in my own personal development. I have unconventional views on personal toughness and have found very few other people who share them. I would like to find others who have had similar experiences in the hope they will respond or get in touch via this group. Influences in my early life gave me, I think, an above average toughness. At the age of four my father would take me ice swimming in a local lake. At the age of ten, I was the only boy at school who chose to take cold baths all year round. As a teenager, I took up yoga and meditation, as a young adult I discovered sexual tantra & orgasm control. And I now believe there is something spiritual and beautifully satisfying about self mastery & stoicism. As a good friend once said to me “If you can master pain you can master anything.” Nevertheless I’m not perfect, I’m not a Superman, I have faults, and like most people, I get things wrong and screw up occasionally. My paid work is as a Fitness Instructor & Personal Development Coach at a gym in the north of England, and I’m currently training to become an Outdoor Activities Youth Leader. However, in my free time I like to develop my own fitness, I exercise with aerobics, I run (cross-country), swim, weight train, & wrestle. I am never happier than when running over the hills and moors of northern England or swimming in the lakes. I have always liked to challenge myself & push my boundaries. How did I develop these interests....?? Well... If you wish to read the story of my unusual childhood and the influences that pointed me this way please read on. So here, I would like to write about my Fitness, Body Development & Character Building methods, and how my life has developed up to now, and why. A word of explanation for new members.... This group started in Feb 2007 and has a large archive of postings. If you have just joined the group and have not read the previous episodes you might wish to do so. Method 1) Recommended. Reading EVERYTHING (My story PLUS everyone else's postings) click http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness Which is the front page of the group. Then select (Messages) then (Oldest). That will take you to this page http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/messages/6?xm=1&m=e&l=1 From there you can read everything since the group started on Feb 26, 2007. However,if that's too much to read try... Method 2) To read my story MISSING OUT everyone else's postings (BUT MISSING OUT a lot of my other stuff also) click http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/files Which is the Files Section. There you will find the text documents, which are, I think, self explanatory. Whilst your there you might want to check out the Pictures Section http://uk.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/photos The Links Section http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/links And the Polls Section http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/polls I also have a Utube page:- http://www.youtube.com/Toughpaul OK - I hope you enjoy it, find it interesting, and may post something yourself soon. All the best Paul Lajos

No comments: